Rosacea is a skin condition (chronic) that is characterized by facial flushing mostly due to blood vessels enlarging under the skin.
This condition makes the skin vulnerable to infections and is very easily irritated. Pimples that are commonly mistaken for acne may also accompany rosacea.
Although oral antibiotics and prescription creams may be effective in treating rosacea, their effects aren’t long term. Although these prescription drugs (doxycycline, tetracycline, and metronidazole) may help clear rosacea for the time being, there is a higher chance of a reinfection in the future.
Alternative herbal medicine for rosacea is as effective, and also helps prevent a reinfection of the same. For faster results and relief from rosacea, it would be advisable to use both orthodox medicines alongside the herbal remedies to get rid of the condition completely.
Herbal Home Remedies for Rosacea and Acne
1. Olive Leaf Extract: Olive leaf extract is considerably one of the best and powerful natural detoxifiers there is on the planet.
This extract works by expunging harmful toxins and pathogens that may be the root cause of rosacea from skin cells. By detoxing skin cells, the rosacea infection is contained and heals out in no time.
In addition to this, the cleansing process goes on until almost all pathogens are cleared out hence preventing a reinfection in the future. Olive extracts are excellent immune boosters as well. This increases the body’s capacity to fight disease-causing microbes and contains acne infections as well.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar works in an almost similar way as olive leaf extract does. It is a natural toxin eliminator and a powerful internal cleanser. According to research, rosacea is mostly caused by the accumulation of toxins and bacteria on the skin’s dermis.
This causes amplified irritability, which makes the skin turn reddish and blood vessels to vasodilate. Applying apple cider vinegar to the affected area releasing these detoxing compounds into the skin, which neutralize and kill any harmful microbes deep under the skin.
3. Probiotics or Yogurt: Probiotics are presumably ‘good’ bacteria that helps eliminate ‘bad’ bacteria from causing harm inside the body. Most rosacea infections are caused by a candida overload that makes it almost impossible for the skin to perform a skin self-detox.
Probiotic bacteria however help eliminate candida thus paving way for a smooth, healthy skin. In addition to this, probiotic bacteria found in yogurt helps replenish skin cells by keeping them hydrated thus enhancing skin elasticity.
For the best action on rosacea, apply yogurt on the entire face, leave it to rest for a few minutes or an hour, and then wash it off with clean water. This should give an instant relief from skin irritation and burning sensation.
4. Barley and Wheat Grass: These are excellent home remedies for rosacea, acne, and other skin infections. Wheat grass has potent antioxidants and nutrients that help promote good skin health. Chlorophyll is the secret compound that helps cleanse the blood and build hemoglobin structure.
The main benefit of including wheat grass in your meals is that, chlorophyll helps regenerate body cells, boost immunity and energy levels. With cell regeneration amplified, affected tissues are replenished hence providing a longer lasting relief from rosacea.
5. Green Tea: Green tea is rich in many helpful benefits for the skin. Some of the healthy properties found in green tea include anti-inflammation, antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic properties.
All these properties are effective in treating rosacea and other skin infections such as rash and acne. In addition to this, placing a green tea bag on the affected area helps prevent harmful rays from harming the skin, as it is a natural sunscreen.
For the best action when treating rosacea, soak a few tea bags of green tea in warm water, and leave it to cool off. Using a soft cloth or cotton wool, apply the concoction to the affected area and the entire face.
The phytonutrients found in green tea will penetrate deep into the skin expunging toxins and microbes from the skin. Do this three times in a day, and you will see a change after a few days. The best thing about using herbal home remedies for rosacea is that, they not only get rid of the toxins, but also replenish the skin making it possible for it to fight a reinfection. It is for this reason many people use herbal remedies to treat skin conditions alongside orthodox medicine.